- make a huge pot of tea
- settle on the couch in front of the telly with a cosy rug on my lap and my cat by my side
- sort my yarn into delicious rainbow stacks ready for some crochet and knitting action
- chocolate – I intend to take the hand-to-mouth approach for the whole day
- enjoy the view of the backyard all shrouded in grey wet winter and knowing I won’t have to go into it for the whole day
- make more pots of tea
- some favourite DVDs will be lined up – I think I’ll start with Mad Men, there might be an Audrey Hepburn movie in there too
- dream of Don Draper!
A birthday bouquet from a year ago … a girl can live in the past if she wants to!
Thank you lovely Flickr.
It’s so cold! I’ve been sitting at the sewing machine all day listening to the local ABC radio (I just love the ABC news music) and the warnings of Armageddon-like storm fronts and cyclonic wind warnings and feeling a bit chuffed to be planning a day knitting on the couch tomorrow.
It will be my birthday and my dream day will go something like this:
Despite this sounding more likely for a girl who’s nearly 90 I’m really looking forward to it!
Another gratuitous picture from here of … Mr Don Draper, of course!