There have been a lot of lovely things happening this week, but the loveliest of all is something that’s happened within me. To dedicate a week to thinking about things I love has meant that I’m seeing things with fresh eyes, my world is all aglow – la vie en rose (oh goodie, an Audrey reference, I love Audrey) – and it’s delightfully the little things that are giving me the greatest loving joy at the moment.
- my talking book has lived up to expectation
- this horrible sticky heat has softened the block of chocolate in the cupboard and it’s now how I love to eat chocolate the most – bendy, a little bit tacky, and wonderfully gooey in my mouth – yum!
- I clipped my cat’s claws last night so my pre-dawn snuggles and cuddles didn’t draw tears like they can do when they are pin-point sharp – I just love that little fluffy cat
- an hour spent doing some embroidery for no real reason other than I love pulling thread through cloth
- Poh’s Kitchen started last night and I love it!
- ditto So You Think You Can Dance – hoorah!
- it’s raining!
- writing this has me thinking of all my favourite Audrey Hepburn moments and planning when I’m going to watch one of my treasured DVDs again. Soon I hope!